That one time I wrote about all the best "Grey's Anatomy" quotes
*Doo dooodoOoodoodo doooo dooo doooOooo*
^ That was me singing the original "Grey's Anatomy" intro (feat. "Cozy In the Rocket" by Psapp). I know what you're thinking: I'm a great singer. Oh shush, you're far too kind. But back to the point of this here shindig:
The anatomies. The anatomy of the Grey. The Grey. The Grey's Anatomies. OK, I'm done.
Chances are you've heard of it. And if you haven't, you've still heard of it.
My mom watched the Shonda Rhimes medical drama from the start and tried to lure me in, but I couldn't bare the thought. I don't do hospitals. Just being in one, I get all pale and faint and long story short, it's not pretty. I just couldn't fathom watching a surgical drama. But little did I know, I couldn't fathom my life without it! Well, the show. Not necessarily the surgery part because *ew* but if you love it, yay! (I turn away and cringe during all the surgery scenes).
I love the relationships and the drama and the message of hope and the drama and the one-liners and the DRAMA! So I was working on this post and not only did it make me realize that I need to rewatch all of the episodes ASAP, but also that there are so many good quotes! It's impossible to create a wee ol' list of the 'best' quotes because they're all amazing! This show is amazing! So then I thought, screw it. I'm going to include all of my favorites because it's my blog and it's my party, I'll post what I want to. (Did you get that reference? If not, it's OK. It's late and I'm tired and my brain is in a galaxy far far away). I did, however, organize them into categories.
Without further adieu, here are some of the best quotes from "Grey's Anatomy."
Oh, wait. Completely forgot. Play one (or all of these) to get you in the mood before you enter the sacred doors of Grey Sloan Memorial.
You may now proceed.
The 10 best "Grey's Anatomy" quotes on life in general
1. "Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we’re thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we’re thankful for the things we’ll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate." — Meredith Grey
2. "If there's just one piece of advice I can give you, it’s this; when there’s something you really want, fight for it, don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seems. And when you’ve lost hope, ask yourself, 10 years from now, you’re gonna wish you gave it just one more shot because the best things in life, they don’t come free." — Meredith Grey
3. "Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then, look around. Drink it in, cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." — Meredith Grey
4. "Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he is not the sun. You are." — Cristina Yang
What's that word all the young kids are saying? YAAAAASSSSS. I believe it goes something like that. Also, this whole scene. Just watch.
5. "If you aren't willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places without stopping, even when it seems impossible, you will never succeed." — Amelia Shepherd
6. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here and don't give a damn about what anyone thinks."
— Cristina Yang
7. "It's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose." — Richard Weber
8. "Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next. We can choose to be afraid of it, to stand there trembling, not moving, assuming the worst that can happen or we can step forward into the unknown and assume it will be brilliant." — Cristina Yang
9. "We don't get unlimited chances to have the things that we want, and this I know. Nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could have changed your life." — Addison Montgomery-Shepherd
10. "You are my person. You will always be my person." — Cristina Yang
Arguably the most popular quote from "Grey's Anatomy." (P.S. Get your person this coffee mug from Target. Got one for my mama).
The 5 "grey's anatomy" quotes THAT'LL MAKE YOU believe in love
1. "I love you. I always have. I love everything about you. Even the things I don't like, I love. And I want you with me. I love you."
— Jackson Avery
2. "If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there." — Mark Sloan
3. "I wanna marry you. I wanna have kids with you. I wanna build a house. I wanna settle down and grow old with you. I wanna die when I'm 110 years old, in your arms. I don't want 48 uninterrupted hours. I want a lifetime." — Derek Shepherd
4. "You were like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me. That's all I know." — Derek Shepherd
In the context of this Mer-Der conversation (Meredith just found out Derek's married), I'm on Meredith's side but whew, that was a good line. +1 for McDreamy.
5. "I love you. Oh, my god. That just came … fly-flying out of my face like it was some kind of … I love you. I just … God. Did it again. I … I-I-I love you. I do. I just … I love you. And I have been trying not to say it. I have been trying so hard to just mash it down and ignore it and not say it. And Jackson is a great guy. He is, and he’s gorgeous, and he’s younger than you, and he doesn’t have any grandkids or babies with his lesbian B.F.F.s and he’s an Avery, and he liked me, you know? He … really liked me. But it was never gonna work out. Because I-I love you. I am so in love with you. And you’re-you’re … you’re in me. You’re like … it’s like you’re a disease. It’s like I am infected by Mark Sloan. And I just can’t … I can’t think about anything or anybody, and I can’t sleep. I can’t breathe. I can’t eat. And I love you. I just…I love you all the time, just every minute of every day. And I-I-I … love you. God, that feels good, just to-to say that … I am … I feel so much better. Just … I love you." — Lexie Grey
OK, this one was long but I had to include the whole thing. Two of the people I miss most from Grey's land are little Grey and McSteamy. Also, *spoiler alert* (though, I'm hoping if you're reading this, it's not a spoiler), one of the most upsetting things for me is that Lexie and Mark didn't get a happily ever after. I wish they would have gotten the chance to get McMarried and have little McBabies.
THE 7 FUNNIEST (AND MOST RELATABLE) "Grey's anatomy" quotes
1. "We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?" — Meredith Grey
CAN I GET AN AMEN?!
2. "Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass." — Meredith Grey
Seriously, preach it sister.
3. "I have no plans because my life is empty." — Lexie Grey
4. "Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?" — George O'Malley
5. "If there's no food, I'm going home." — Cristina Yang
Cristina Yang, aka my spirit animal.
6. "Oh, screw beautiful, I'm brilliant! If you want to appease me, compliment my brain!" — Cristina Yang
7. "Shut up! Dance it out!" — Cristina Yang