Friday Favorites, volume 8
Hey hey hey! I feel like I haven’t done one of these and maybe just maybe you’re over buying things after the craziness of the holidays … so, I promise I won’t put too many purchasables (new word I just created) on this list. But you can expect some other fun goodies, too, I promise! Actually, this might be my favorite Friday Favorites yet! So, let’s get the ball rolling …
Here’s everything I’m loving lately:
1. I posted about this and this sweater on Instagram stories a while ago, but MAN OH MAN, my love for them has only grown! They are SO comfortable and warm — it’s like wearing a hug! (And who doesn’t want that?!) I washed them both in hot water (cold was suggested but oh well) and laid them out to dry. They came out looking the same as when I bought them! Also, they’re on sale! So grab ‘em while they’re still in stock. They run big so I got them both in a size medium:
+ Pointelle Chenille Cocoon Cardigan in grey. (It looks more like oatmeal).
It’s on clearance for only $14.99! Run, don’t walk!
+ Open Cardigan in brown? The color looks more like a burnt tan.
Also, I could only find the plus-size link, but I’m sure you can find it in stores! And it’s just $13.49!
2. I’ve had everything from Dermot Kennedy on loop lately. Literally EVERYTHING. This indie-folk Dubliner is here to stay. I’m going to go into more depth about him in a later post because 1. his music is so raw and moving and soul-touching and 2. it needs to be done, but I just had to include him on this list. Just press play to see what I mean. His songs are the perfect soundtrack for rainy night drives, early, foggy mornings and really, any time of day to be honest. ‘Glory’ (below) is one of my absolute favorites. Also see: After Rain, All My Friends, For Island Fires and Family.
3. I recently heard about this app called ‘Together’ that Jordan Dooley started and I am loving it so far! It’s such a great way to build community with like-minded individuals and I find it so inspiring already. I don’t know about you, but I feel like your mid-twenties are kind of a weird time in your life. You’re either in the middle of your career or building a family (or both!) or what have you, and real, meaningful friendships feel hard to come by. This community aims to be a place for people to connect, encourage, share and grow in the midst of all that. Check it out here.
4. I always thought it’d be neat to do a detox or cleanse and this mini 3-day detox from Goop (who else?) sounds promising! Is it just me or does every vegetable and fruit sound better and better as you get older? Well, except for that parsnip and leek thing they mentioned. *Randy Jackson voice* That’s a no from me dawg.
5. This article from Darling Magazine. Wow wow wow yes yes yes. I’ve long struggled with my relationship with social media and the impact it’s had on our lives, and this hits it right on the head. Such a great read with so many golden nuggets such as this one:
“Social media may be a diner open 24 hours, but there’s nothing like a home-cooked meal.”
6. Ok, one more favorite for funsies. I haven’t been able to travel abroad in my life (#collegedebt, #life), but Dublin, Ireland is without a doubt in my top 3 places to visit. (Clearly, I’m giving the city a lot of love in this post. Hey, Dermot Kennedy). I love reading travel blogs and seeing places through the eyes of someone else, while also getting ideas for my future itineraries. Darling Mag has some great Dublin recommendations that are off the beaten path in this article.
Happy Friday, sweet friends!