Friday Favorites, volume 7
Aaaaaand I’m back! The holiday and the busyness that comes with it threw me for a loop, but I’m happy to report I made it out alive! Wooo! (also, it’s 11:34 p.m. as I write this and I’m in one of those half hyper/half about to pass out at any second moods, so I apologize in advance for any unnecessary exclamation points going forward). But let’s get to rockin’ and rollin’ with my favorite finds from the past week or so:
1. Ok, it’s no surprise that I’m a Coldplay nerd so this one shouldn’t come as a surprise. If you’re a fan of their music or just need some hope and inspiration, I highly recommend their documentary, ‘A Head Full Of Dreams.’ Directed by their long-time pal, Mat Whitecross, the film documents their journey as a band over the past 20 years. I was lucky enough to grab tickets to catch it in theaters and have since rewatched it on Amazon (because duh). I laughed, I weeped, I felt ALIVE. Ok, but really, it felt like an emotional rollercoaster for this superfan. Catch the documentary on Amazon Prime now. And if you don’t have Amazon, they have a 30-day free trial! Wink wink, nudge nudge.
2. This isn’t exactly new, but technically it premiered this fall so … if you haven’t watched ABC’s ‘A Million Little Things,’ you need to! I mean it. The show revolves around a group of friends from Boston who come together and reevaluate their lives after the loss of one of their friends. If you’re a fan of ‘This Is Us,’ you’ll be sure to like this show. I talked briefly about it here and I’m happy to report it’s every bit as good as advertised. It’s probably my favorite show currently on air …….. yep, you heard that right. Catch up on Hulu or ABC.
3. I was looking for a pair of booties for an event this month and stumbled upon these cuties from Target. Comfortable, cheap and pretty dang cute! I got the grey color (obviously), but they’re a little more grey than the picture portrays. More like a grey-taupe.
4. The Ellen DeGeneres Show does this practically every holiday season and I el oh el so hard every single time. Catch her hidden camera prank on some holiday shoppers below:
5. Ever since I tried Trader Joe’s frozen delicata squash, I want to try every type of squash imaginable! I found this site (via Pinterest) that shows you 23 ways to make acorn squash. You bet your behind I’m going to be pouring over it for all the squash inspo!
6. While we’re on the subject of Pinterest finds, this makes me cackle every time I see it. (Also, maybe hard tacos? Idk soft? I can’t choose!)
7. IT’S OFFICIALLY WINTER! Or so, my brain thinks. It finally started raining here, so the other side of my closet with sweaters is finally getting the love it deserves. If you’re in need of some warm layers for your wardrobe, here’s one and two from one of my favorite online shops, Everlane.
8. If you haven’t watched ‘The Lion King’ live-action trailer, where have you been?! The new version features voices from Donald Glover, James Earl Jones and Beyoncé. Say whaaaat!? Press play for all the ‘90s feels:
9. In college I got a California necklace from Brandy Melville and was so sad when it broke. I was browsing the Target dollar section the other day and found this! Ok, technically I found it in a one-pack for $3, but that’s the only link I could find of it online. I love that it’s so simple and includes coordinates. Ugh I love this golden state so dang much. (p.s. if you’re not in California, I’m 99 percent sure they have it in the state you’re from!)
10. Last but not least, I’ve had Donovan Woods on LOOP lately. Currently one of my favorites. Check out his song Portland, Maine here.
Happy Friday, friends.